History of Gay and Lesbian Life in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Businesses - Bars and Clubs

 
Gay Street Station
Location: 1637 W. Pierce Street

Opened:
Closed:

approx. Jan. 1987
Oct. 1987
Clientele:

Male/ female
Bar/ social

 

 
       
 

Gay Street Station was the first bar operated by owners Lois & Sheri, but it was very short-lived. They relocated the business and renamed it Station II- The Eastern Connection, late in October 1987, which proved to be a much better venue: that bar operated for about 9 years.

More information about the original Gay Street Station is welcomed from anyone who can contribute it.

 


Advertisement, February 1987


Article about move in In Step, vol. 4 no. 17,
October 1-21, 1987

Credits: contents, design and arrangement by Don Schwamb.
Last updated: October-2007.